Museum on the Mound is committed to providing a welcoming, engaging and accessible experience for all visitors.
Our team will do all they can to ensure that your visit is both comfortable and enjoyable.
- The museum is fully accessible to wheelchair users.
- We have induction loops in our reception and temporary exhibition space.
- Large print guides are available.
- There is a fully accessible toilet facility.
- There is free parking for disabled badge holders in nearby Market Street and St Giles Street. Please note access to these areas may be restricted - see information on alternative parking on the Edinburgh Council website.
- For more information on the accessibility of our website visit the Website Accessibility page
Resources to Support your Visit
Our Visual Story is designed to help prepare you for your visit to Museum on the Mound.
Our Sensory Map covers light, sound and touch.
Ear defenders and sensory bags are available. Sensory bags contain resources and items that might support you on your visit. Please ask a member of staff in the museum gift shop if you would like to see the bag or borrow one.
Our Access Statement provides further details on access at the Museum.
School and Community Group Visits
We warmly welcome visits from all schools and community groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can tailor our workshops to the specific needs of your group.
Our Group Visit Visual Story will help you plan your visit.
If you have any questions about accessibility or would like to discuss how we can assist you on your visit, please phone us on 0131 243 5464 or email us at email@example.com
We are actively trying to improve our accessibility and would be extremely grateful for your feedback.>